Using Avy Savvy
Avy Savvy is broken into 8 sections, each containing 6-14 pages. It will take a few hours to get through, but you don't need to do it all at once. Use the menu button at the top left of the screen to navigate to any page in the tutorial to pick up where you left off.
Here are a few other tips for making the most of Avy Savvy:
- Avy Savvy has light and dark themes. Switch between them in the menu depending on your preference.
- The Dig Deeper section provides extra learning on a topic. This is not essential reading, but it will help you learn more.
Dig Deeper: Click here for more +
Clicking on the Dig Deeper bars will show more information on a topic.
- Many of the images include important information. If you see the Avalanche Canada logo on a photo, tap on or hover over it to learn more. Check it out:
- Make sure to watch the videos when available. They add to the text and will really help you visualize what you've read.
- Each section ends with a multiple choice quiz. Even if you get it right, we encourage you to click on the wrong answers since the feedback will provide more teachable moments. Try it out here:
- At the bottom of each page, click on the links to go back or move on to the next page.